Susan Mastrodemos for County Committee!

My Platform

Solidarity: the ties in society that bind people together as one; shared interests, objectives, standards, and sympathies creating a sense of unity.

I am committed to representative and participatory democracy, measures for income redistribution, regulation of the economy in the general interest, and social welfare provisions.
I am committed to transparent governance of the County and State Party, diminishing the impact of corporate donations and entrenched interests.

Position

I am running to represent Assembly District 43 in the Central Committee of the LA County Democratic Party.
Assembly District 43 (Laura Friedman)
Each Assembly District Delegation has seven at-large Elected representatives.

Responsibilities of Central Committee Members in LACDP and CDP

The Central Committee is the official governing body of the Democratic Party in the County of Los Angeles.
District
  • Interview, develop and endorse Democratic candidates for public office in local cities and school boards.
Region 11:
  • Coordinate regional programs developed in the local districts and carry out county-wide programs in the Region.
County:
  • Develop party policies and positions and communicate them to the public and to all officeholders.
State:
  • Represent LACDP  to the State Committee. 

My Background

I have lived in the Rancho neighborhood of La Cañada for 20 years, and my children attended Paradise Canyon and La Cañada High School.

I have worked in Glendale, Burbank, and Pasadena.

I am a lifelong Democrat, and I became more active following the 2016 election.

I was recently re-elected to my third term as VP of the Cañada Crescenta Democratic Club, and I serve as an Associate (non-voting) member of the Los Angeles County Democratic Party.

I am the chair of Social Media for the Cañada Crescenta Democratic Club, and I manage the club website and Facebook site.

I am endorsed by the Cañada Crescenta Democratic Club and the Burbank Democratic Club.
  • As a volunteer, I focus on voter registration and GOTV. 
  • I march and rally with March for Our Lives and the Women's March.
  • I volunteer with Crescenta Valley Indivisible, La Cañada Huddle, & Civic Sundays.
  • I text bank for Open Progress & Real Justice.
  • I write Postcards for America, the NAACP, and  We have mailed more than 3,000 postcards for Democratic candidates, including 1,000 for Christy Smith for Congress.
I was appointed by Assemblymember Laura Friedman to the State Central Committee of the California Democratic Party in 2019 for a 2 year term, and I joined three caucuses: Environmental, Women's, and Rural. I participated in Resolutions and Platform statements, co-authoring a Resolution on Surveillance that was approved by CDP E-Board.